CHOCOLATE RECIPE: A NOT SO NAUGHTY CHOCOLATE BAR
This is so delicious and perfect for when you want a sweet treat with a healthier twist.
- 6 tbsp nut butter (almond or cashew ideally)
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ cup of mixed, crushed nuts (I use cashew and hazelnut and bash them with a rolling pin)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
If extra sweetness required:
- 1 tsbp honey or Zylosweet (from Higher Nature)
- Mix all the ingredients bar the nuts and stir until smooth (or whizz in a food processor)
- Add the nuts and pulse to keep some larger pieces
- Spread into a dish
- Score with a knife to separate into bitesize chunks
- Pop in fridge for a few hours or overnight
You will need to keep storing this in the fridge otherwise it will melt!
You can get Coconut Butter and Zylosweet (and lots of other healthy stuff) from Higher Nature. www.highernature.co.uk Tel: 0808 457 4747 (you may need to give my reference which is P566941)
Coconut butter is a totally healthy fat that boosts the immune system, is anti-fungal and anti-viral and also boosts the metabolism and supports the thyroid gland and is exceptionally good for the brain. It is very safe to cook with as it is never damaged by heat.
Hope you enjoy this chocolate recipe. Let me know how you get on!
PS This is a stock image, I’m not that good at photography!